Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Learning Experience



For those of you who saw my facebook post last month about sending in a bid and hoping to get it, well I won the bid. I suppose I should be grateful for that because this has been one interesting learning experience for me. From the beginning the lady changed the request and asked if I could make the bottom look like a different dress. Upon confirmation of this we continued with our agreement. I bought the fabric and made the dress to her specifications. When she saw the pictures I sent of the dress she was not satisfied with it. I asked her several times what she wanted changed and told her the additional cost of making changes that were not apart of our agreement. With no response to my specific questions of change we came to the mutual agreement to cancel the order. Not too worried as I will just turn around and sell it in my shop. I have changed a few of my policies (a new up front non-refundable deposit of $20 for custom orders) because of this though.

Anywho here is a picture of the dress along with the bridal picture she wanted the dress to look similar to.




I was willing to make the changes she wanted to make the dress the way she wanted, but she was not willing to spend the additional money it would be to make those changes. Her loss, my gain (from a learning stand point anyway).

No comments: